What is the #1 piece of advice you give to new-hires working on their first agile team?

I’ll go first: Ask when your next retrospective is. Why? Because a retrospective is the most important Agile Event. It’s the place where you and your team come together to understand what went well, what didn’t go so well, and come up with an experiment that can improve your team. If the team asks “what’s a retrospective” volunteer to run one because it will help you understand the recent past and get up and running faster.

1 Like

Great tip, George!

I think my #1 tip (what I wish someone told me when I started on my first agile team) is to know that your voice counts!

It can be intimidating during planning poker to go against the group if you disagree on a story point estimate, but your opinion is valuable! Speak up, and don’t be afraid to express your thoughts. Everyone brings a unique perspective and maybe you thought of something the rest of your team didn’t – or, you misunderstand the task at hand and more conversation can sort that out.

Win, win if you aks me!