Make epics exclusive to workspaces

Currently when creating an epic it was shared across multiple workspaces. I think by default workspaces should be siloed entities with the option of sharing things across workspaces then having them shared across all workspaces by default.

Hi Steven, thanks so much for your feedback. I also agree with this. Would you be able to provide your specific use case you are experiencing for better understanding? We do have something our team is working on but would love to hear more in terms of your situation.

Part of the reason we chose zenhub is that it allows us to aggregate and view all the issues from different repositories. We don’t have a mono repo and a mono repo doesn’t really make sense for us as some of the projects are very different but can fall under the same umbrella such as R&D.

For us we basically use the workspaces to organize the repositories that being together and track issues across repos. We tried making epics in zenhub but since they’re shared across workspaces it breaks the organization value we’re getting from the workspaces.

Hope that makes sense and let me know if you have any further questions.

2 Likes

Is there any way to know if this issue will be worked on? Considered? Not considered because it’s too much work?

Hi Steven,

So sorry for missing your reply. This is definitely on our radar and completely understand the frustration of not having Epics be tied to one specific workspace. We do have plans on solving this but this might be an enhancement within the new year. As a work around do you happen to use labels per workspace? You can create a label for each workspace name add a workspace label on the Epic this way it minimizes confusion on who’s Epic is who’s. Let me know if this is something that could work for your team in the interim or if you would like someone from our Customer Success team to jump on a call and help you create these labels.