Working around the Closed pipeline

Hey folks, I’m trying to understand the intended workflow for managing a board in which a Github issue becomes ready for testing and ultimately shipped. Our existing workflow with GH’s project board is to move an issue into the “In progress” column, create a PR that’s linked to the issue, and then when the PR is merged, the GH issue is automatically closed. The GH project board auto-advances it to another column where it’s ready to be tested.

In Zenhub, when an issue is auto-closed it goes straight to the Closed pipeline and cannot be changed. AFAIK there is no way to change the GH behavior that when a PR is merged, the linked issue is closed (I found an open feature request in the GH community).

When I asked Zenhub support about this, they said: “When a Github issue is closed, it will reflected as such in Zenhub in the Closed pipeline. If you wish to move it to a different pipeline, please reopen the Github issue.”

That’s obviously not ideal, and while I wait for more clarification, I wanted to post something here and get some other input.

So my question is: what is everyone else doing here in Zenhub? Are you no longer linking PRs to GH issues? Or re-opening every closed GH issue to move it around in the pipeline? Or creating separate Zenhub issues for QA tasks? Or doing something else magical that I haven’t discovered yet?

I’m using ZenHub for project management too. At the end of the project, I’d like to create a “reference board” with all of the major issues. If they are in the closed pipeline, it’s hard to do that.

Any ideas? What if they are ZenHub issues, is that different?