The wait is over. Do you know how to build (and keep) a happy dev team?

Hi Community!

I know that my last post may have been slightly cryptic, but the mystery is now ready to be unveiled!

Introducing: Zenhub’s 2022 Software Developer Happiness Report!

As I mentioned in my last post, 71% of developers don’t know how long they will stay at their organization. That’s why developer happiness & fulfillment is so important, especially in the post-COVID age.

But what factors play into developer happiness, and how can we maximize developer happiness and productivity?

We worked to answer those questions when putting together our latest report, a data-driven analysis of what makes developers happy, fulfilled, and productive at work. To help us answer our questions, we went straight to the source and spoke to 380 developers.

What did we find?

Well, for one, we found that there are a lot of factors at play when it comes to improving developers’ work lives. Interestingly, we found the #1 thing that made developers happy, even above compensation, as work-life balance.

Other key findings include how and where developers work best, the factors slowing developer productivity the most, how teams can reduce delays for developers, and much, much more.

One of my personal favorite findings is that 54% of developers work entirely in the office, while 60% of developers find they’re most productive in hybrid or remote work environments.

Check out the full report, and let me know what your favorite findings are! Also, developers, I’d love to hear your take on the findings in the report! Let me know in the comments!

1 Like